Summer Adventures June to September
Trophy Pike Fishing Package
June 20 – September 30
Join us in Yellowknife for Trophy Pike fishing on Great Slake Lake. During your time on the big lake, your master guide will be your host on the water as you learn about the Great Northern Pike, its behaviour, its movements, likes and dislikes. We practice all catch and release, with single barbless hooks.
- Hotel shuttle
- 3 nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy)
- 3 full day (8 hours) guided trophy Pike fishing on Great Slave lake
- A northern gourmet shore lunch each day
- All fishing gear and tackle (One piece St-Croix rods, Shimano reels)
- Rain gear
- Transfers to/from activities
- $1650.00 + GST per person (double occupancy)
Great Northern Pike Fishing
If you are an avid fisherman or have a friend, spouse or child that would really like fast action pike fishing in the 4-10 pound category, and occasionally some 15-20 pounders, then let us guide you to those hot spots. No fishing experience needed!
All fishing and fly fishing gear/tackle is supplied.
Northern Pike Fishing on Great Slave Lake Day Trips:
- 4 hours $145.00/person (Min: 4 guests)
- 6 hours $200.00/person (Min: 4 guests)
- 8 hours $265.00/person (Min: 4 guests) incl northern gourmet shore lunch/dinner.
- 6 hours $350/person (2 guests per boat, Max: party of 12 guests)
Trophy Pike Fishing Experience
Join your master guide and learn more about the Great Northern Pike, its behaviour, its movements, likes and dislikes. Come and put into practice those Trophy Pike Fishing techniques and experience the
challenge of catching a fish of a lifetime.
- 9 hours $350.00/person (Min: 3 guests) incl northern gourmet shore lunch/dinner.
Great Slave Lake Fish Fry Dinner Cruise
Join us and experience Great Slave Lake harbour tour, house boats, sightseeing, and a superb Northern Gourmet shore lunch or dinner of fresh fish. We can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- 4 hours $125.00/person (Min: 4 guests)
Come and watch the bird life that abounds on Great Slave Lake. Four major flyways converge near Yellowknife and birds from all over North and South America summer here. In spring, join us for waterfowl migration and tundra swan observation. In summer you will spot bald eagles, Caspian and arctic terns, gulls, waterfowl and more nesting on the islands in Yellowknife Bay.
- 2 hours $110.00/person (Min: 4 guests)
- 4 hours $145.00/person (Min: 4 guests) Shore Lunch.
- 6 hours $185.00/person (Min: 4 guests) Shore Lunch.
Wood Bison Viewing
Travel out on the main highway from Yellowknife to see magnificent Wood Bison in their natural habitat. Hop on a bus and leave the driving to us. Interpretive tour with northern gourmet outdoor lunch.
- 7 hours tour 4 guests $145.00/person
Virginia Falls – Nahanni National Park Reserve Package
June 18 – September 30th
Nahanni national park and spectacular Virginia falls are the must see destination in Canada’s Northwest Territories. Nahanni National Park Reserve of Canada (Naha Dehe) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and protects a portion of the Mackenzie Mountains Natural Region in the southwest Northwest Territories and offers the adventurous visitor a remarkable, northern wilderness experience.
This two day trip starts in Yellowknife and includes an overnight in Fort Simpson gateway to the Park, a float plane flight and ground tour of the park and Virginia falls twice as high as Niagara.
- Return airfare Yellowknife – Fort Simpson – Yellowknife
- 6 hour flight seeing float plane tour to and through Nahanni National Park Reserve including stops at Virginia Falls and Little Doctor Lake
- 1 nights’ accommodation in Fort Simpson (B&B or similar)
- $1950 + GST per person (double occupancy)
Read more about the
Scenic Float Plane Fly-ins
Yellowknife/North Great Slave Lake Tour
Scenic flight of Yellowknife skyline, Giant and Con Gold Mines, Cameron Falls, Yellowknife River, Ingraham Trail, Prelude Lake, Dene communities of Dettah and N’dilo, Wool Bay and Yellowknife Bay.
Half Hour Tour:
- 3 guests $145/person
- 4 guests $225/person
- 5 – 7 guests $175/person
- 8+ guests $346/person
One Hour Tour:
- 3 guests $280/person
- 4 guests $405/person
- 5 – 7 guests $270/person
- 8 guests $346.00/person
East Arm Fish Fry Tour
Fly to the world famous East Arm of Great Slave Lake, soon to be a National Park. During a two hour stop, do a little fishing and exploring while a fresh fish fry is prepared. 4 hours from dock to dock:
- 6 guests $825.00/person
- 10 guests $850.00/person
Fall Aurora Adventures August 15 to September 30
View the fall Auroras on Great Slave Lake. Come and enjoy the comforts of our lakeside cabin. Snacks and beverages included.
- 4 hours $155.00/person
When our packages include accommodation, you will stay at Capital Suites or Explorer Hotel in downtown Yellowknife.
Non-smoking rooms feature one queen or two double beds, high ceilings, air conditioning, iron/board and hair dryer, hi-speed internet and satellite TV. Studio accommodation, one and two-bedroom full suites are also available.
Hotel & Flight booking, NWT-Wide
Yellowknife Outdoor Adventures offers a variety of products and services. We offer hotel bookings in Yellowknife and Inuvik from moderate to superior properties.
Single, Double, Single Suite, Double Suite, Family Suites, Full Suites available (property dependent). Rooms start from $125 + tax per night.
Northwest Territories Airfares
We have local knowledge on the best ways to explore the rest of the Northwest Territories. Ask us about fares on commercial flights year round, so that you can experience more of what the NWT has to offer.